Thursday, October 22, 2009

Well, we think we're hilarious

So how many of you out there have thought to yourself, "You know, self, I wonder what the geek girls do when they're not here making fun of Alan Moore or spending money they don't have on Star Wars Force trainers?"

Well, wonder no more, my friends! While I cannot speak for my lovely co-mods, I can assure you that my day is spent consuming roughly my body weight in sweet life sustaining coffee, resisting the urge to kill undergrads, and exchanging awesomely geeky texts with my hetero lifemate.

To further strip away the aura of mystery, I'll even let you in on one such exchange (hetero lifemate texts in bold, mine in italics):


Batman: the Bold and the Brave. Attempting to make Aquaman useful since the 2st Century.
There is nothing I do not love about you or this.

His [Aquaman's] beard speaks volumes: he hasn't had a job in months and he's living out of a whiskey bottle.

Instead of tossing him some change, Batman was all, "Fine. You can help me save the world. Just don't do that talking to your fish friends thing. It's weird and makes everyone uncomfortable."

In case you're wondering, yes, this exchange is representative of our normal, daily conversation. Also, yes, we clearly are awesome.

9 comments:

Lady Lara Jones said...

Lara isn't here right now. She cannot stop laughing in the corner.

Danicus said...

AQUAMAN IS A REAL HERO BE NICE TO HIM.

Jayne said...

If it hasn't escaped your notice, I am not nice to anyone. ALSO, AQUAMAN IS A CRAZY BEARDED HOBO WHO TALKS TO FISH.

Lady Lara Jones said...

I will return to my corner to laugh uncontrollably again now...
When I think about Aquaman all I can see is that cover of Superman where they're in the desert and Superman is calling out for help...
"Aquaman help me!!!"
- What exactly is he supposed to do? Did he bring a glass of water filled with Sea Monkeys? Maybe then he'd be of some use!!! -

Danicus said...

you combined two covers there kid. "Aquaman help me" has Superman blinded.

The Desert one has Superman standing there with a pitcher of water, Jimmy Olsen and Aquaman dying in front of him. Superman saying something like "Sorry, but only the survivor can have water!"

Lady Lara Jones said...

Mmmm awesome. My brain is becoming so full of comic awesome that it is melting titles together. lol. In other news, Brian and I are going to write and illustrate a comic about Aquaman and those sea monkeys.

Jayne said...

Lara, I approve of the sea monkey comic (also, Aquaman needs to be a bearded hobo in that, because I said so). I would read the hell out of that.

Lady Lara Jones said...

Oohhh man. I will let Brian know that Aquaman must now be a hobo. He's doing all the illustrations, and that's just awesome.

Jayne said...

Win! \o/