Saturday, July 31, 2010

It's time to fangirl like never before

You guys, you guys, omg you guys! The video promo for a possible Blue Beetle tv show has hit the web!





JAAAAMIEEE!


So, okay, yes this looks to be very Saturday morning, but that actor playing Jaime is absolutely adorable and if this show gets made (please, please let this happen, Space Buddha and Zombie Jesus amen) it will feature a majority Hispanic cast, including the hero and his family and his friends, and multiple kickass female characters. Avatar: The Last Airbender already proved that a show with high diversity and heroes of color can absolutely succeed (unless you're M.Night Shamylan, and consider race to be "ambiguous" argh uncontrollable strangly hands).

I'm sure that the networks can fuck this up, they absolutely can, but still, can you imagine this in show on the air? It would be fucking amazing.
And I am really happy they picked Jaimie, especially if they're appealing to younger kids. Oh don't get me wrong, I love Dan Garrett and Dead Gay Ted, but Dan Garrett ran around being ridiculous and Dead Gay Ted's solo title consisted of endless exposition and horrible wardrobe choices.


Seriously:


Because when you wear black and yellow spats with teal pants and a matching tie, you absolutely must flip that collar up of your maroon Members Only jacket. You wouldn't want to look like a tool, now would you?

And for a younger audience, Jaimie makes sense. He's the current Beetle, and most kids know him already from Batman: The Brave and the Bold. If nothing else, it might get his title relaunched (YES PLEASE).

I really want this show to happen, and I will punch every baby in the face to make it so. Okay, that's a lie: I would not, in fact, punch every baby in the face; I would, however, bare knuckle fight Alan Moore, no lie, if that's what it took. C'mon, Alan Moore, what are you, a pansy?

If you don't hear from me again, it's safe to assume Alan Moore came for me. It's a risk I'm willing to take.

No comments: