I will say that I think it was very good (except for some quibbles my hardcore inner geek wouldn't shut up about), and I think this is the best possible movie adaptation you could do for Watchmen. For non-geeks, I think it will be hard to follow and figure out the point of the narrative. I made my roommate come with me to see it, and she hasn't read the graphic novel, and she had a lot of questions for me at the end. Also, let me say it's impossible to describe the original ending without using the phrase "giant vagina squid monster." Trust me, I tried.
Also, I think the opening credits parts with the images was my favorite part.
Since Darcy and Lady Lara Jones already did their AlanMooremas posts, I am ridiculously behind, especially considering Alan Moore is bitter, crazy, soul-killing candy to me. For those of you who are wondering that AlanMooremas is, I'll let Randy from Something Positive explain it to you:
"And don't forget! Today is AlanMooremas! Go see The Watchmen. Then put your ticket stub under your pillow. If you've been a good boy or girl, Alan Moore will leave copies of Top 10 under your pillow. If you've been bad, he'll pull a coin out of your ear - then fucking choke you with it. Actually, even if you've been good, he'll probably kill you because you went to see The Watchmen movie. Seriously, I'm scared of Alan Moore."
Please tell me I don't actually have to put another picture here of Alan Moore's terrifying bearded visage here. I'm beginning to fear that I've collected so many pictures of him that they they're gaining sentience and will soon take over my computer. I have got to quarantine that folder.
2. Alan Moore's beard has a lovely singing voice that to hear is like listening to angels crooning sweet nothings in your ear. Of course, this is just the beard lulling you into a false sense of security before it ATTACKS.
3. To calm down, Alan Moore goes off to hunt elk.
4. To keep him from overthrowing the government using just his old man bearded bitterness, the UK Parliament imports elks for Alan Moore to hunt in an undisclosed location in Scotland (on Google Earth, it's just a black hole that sucks in all light).
6.This is what Alan Moore got married in:
I have nothing to say about this, because that outfit says it all, in a loud, rude voice that implies you have an inappropriate relationship with your mother.
7. Alan Moore's beard looks the way it does because Alan Moore lovingly uses an elk antler to brush it a thousand times every night.
8. By 2021, scientists hope to have found a way to harness Alan Moore's bitterness, thus solving the energy crisis. Although, side product of bitterness energy is that you stop loving all other living beings. Also, you spontaneously sprout a majestic, killer beard.
9. Whatever you do, don't look into Alan Moore's eyes. That's how he makes you fall in love with him, and when that happens, you are lost.
10. When all the absolutely, non-slanderous, completely true facts about have Alan Moore have been reported, that is when Alan Moore will come for us all. That wil be the end.
Come join the AlanMooremas festivities! Let everyone know moree facts about Alan Moore! After all, it is only a matter of time before he comes for us...