G4 asked me the following question today: Zombies vs. Robots, who would dominate the world better?
Well G4, I hate to spoil what you think is a terribly difficult question, but the answer is most certainly zombies. Allow me to explain why.
Robots are limited by a series of factors:
1. One must have enough resources to build an army of robots, or at least a few robots with enough weapons to take down mass amounts of people before being crushed.
2. EMP can take out a robot, or an army of robots. Really, EMP is kind of awesome.
3. Robots could become intelligent enough to want to take us all out, sure, and they don’t require food to survive, but they need something to power them, and that very thing could be restricted or run out quite easily. (But Lara, what about Solar Powered Robots? Well, I thought of that, and solar panels have to be replaced an average of every 4 to 6 years, plus, again, would not make robots immune to EMP).
4. Robots cannot necessarily produce more robots.
I mean, yeah, the Terminator Robots are pretty damn terrifying, but not unstoppable!
Possible advantages the robots possess:
1. The ability to conduct ranged combat.
2. Super Speed
3. Super Strength
Zombies may be limited by their shotgun-susceptible-squishy bits, but they are unhindered in their following abilities:
1. The virus does not discriminate, it merely infects. As the infection spreads, it spreads without hindrance. There is no cure for the zombie virus.
2. They can be shambling zombies, or even sprinting Resident Evil 4 zombies, but either way they will eat your brains if you don’t have enough ammo or skill with a weapon to stop them.
3. When the zombies come, will you really be prepared for the onslaught? I mean really?
4. With a current estimated global population of 6.7 billion, there is the possibility for 6.7 billion potential zombies.
MHMMM... That's pretty damn scary. (Photo from Romero's film Dawn of the Dead)
So if you still don’t believe me…read this awesome article from Cracked.com or check out the Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks. You can also check up on How to Survive a Robot Uprising by Daniel H. Wilson a PhD Candidate at the Carnegie Mellon University where he has received master’s degrees in Robotics and Data Mining.
Can you imagine facing this many zombies alone? SERIOUSLY?!? (Picture from Dead Rising for the XBOX 360)
I think I’ve made my point.
Lady Lara Jones