Monday, February 09, 2009

Strap on Your Proton Packs: It's time to kick some ghosty butt!

I have waited a long time to make this post, because I was for a long time weary to say that the Ghostbusters game was actually going to be released. The rights were shuffled around (a lot) and then finally picked up by Atari, and I'm happy to say it has an official release date slated for June 16th 2009 (Europe: June 19th).
The game is, in a word, AWESOME. It has been in development for nearly three years for all next-gen systems and was written in huge part by Harold Ramis, and Dan Akroyd. Bill Murray and Ernie Hudson also joined in the development process by adding their voices to the cast, making it a completely pure Ghostbusters story.
The events in the game take place approximately two years after the end of Ghostbusters II (the movie). Paranormal activity is on the rise and you get to control the team as they capture the ghouls and ghoblins.
I have to say, I don't know a single kid who grew up in the 80's (or early 90's for that matter) that didn't want to strap on a proton pack and hear that epic *WHIIIIIIIIRRRRRRR* noise as it charged up. Personally, I'm going to pick it up for my 360 (though I have considered getting it for PS3 if I have one by June...blue ray is shiny). If you haven't checked out the game play footage yet, then PLEASE go to youtube and watch some. I promise you won't be disappointed.
Here's the game trailer from youtube. I now give you permission to *squee!*
- Lady Laura Jones -

No comments: