Saturday, February 14, 2009

Well, it is Valentine's Day

Originally, I was going to do this long post talking about some of my favorite couples in comic books, and by that I mean actually canonical ones and the ones I made up in my head because it makes me giggle. But I spent all day in different panels at the AWP Conference (so, so awesome), and am now completely and utterly tired and lazy, which is probably a good thing for you because, let's face it, I make up some crazy shit (see everything I've said about Alan Moore ever).

Since it is Valentine's Day, I want to leave you with this lethal levels of cute drawing from Dwaryn Cook:


Things to love about this: Barda carrying Mr. Miracle bridal style; Mr. Miracle's pointed toes; his wobbly smitten smile and the flower; Big Barda's half-lidded sexin' up eyes; the heart; oh, I don't know, EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS. This is so adorable it can take down a man at twenty yards.

Here's hoping your Valentine's Day was as awesome as Big Barda and Mr. Miracle's! (Well, before DC killed her off because they hate happiness)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute picture!
Ahh, Scott Free. The only superhero where, if given the choice...
"Dan, would you rather be Batman, or Mr. Miracle?"

I'm not honestly sure what I would say. Both of them are pretty amazing. And pre-Crisis, Mr. Miracle knew about the fourth wall. Actually climbed out of a panel, across the comic page, and into a later panel to escape a trap once.
I'd probably end up picking Batman, but it would take a lot of thinking.

Oh, and one of the best superhero couples ever, as far as "Awww......" factor goes?
Guy Gardner and Ice.
I love those two crazy kids.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Bigby and Snow from Fables also earn a gold star.